Welcome to Couples Counseling
Marriage or Couples Counseling is my specialty as a licensed Marriage Therapist.
Couples Counseling & Therapy
Marriage relationships can get messy with repeated ineffective attempts to connect with each other. If you've been hurting emotionally, suffering in an unhappy relationship, I will work with both of you to gain fresh insight and perspective, encourage you to make needed changes, and guide you to co-create a relationship that is satisfying. I will help you with the areas of your relationship that are especially difficult. Common areas couples need help: learning effective skills to communicate with each other, finding the kind of connection that promotes understanding and intimacy and changing your relationship and your lives into one that you truly want.
Benefits of Marriage Counseling include:
- Improving communication
- Resolving conflicts & disagreements
- Overcoming infidelity
- Understanding myself better
- Understanding my partner better
- Getting to a more fair workload
- Reducing tension
- Preventing separation or divorce
- Learning "good" ways to fight
- Stop hurting each other
- Winning back my partner's love
- Loving my partner again
- Discussing issues around raising kids
- Improving our sex and intimacy
- Deciding whether we should separate
Personal Counseling & Therapy with Men and Women
Just about everyone I talk to admits that taking care of ourselves is a challenge because of how complex and complicated our lives are today.
We try to fit into so many different roles and take on multiple responsibilities that taking care of it all and caring for ourselves sometimes feels impossible. While living stressed-out may appear to be “normal” for us, on some level we know that we’re also paying for our demanding lifestyle. Our physical health can show signs that we are neglecting our personal wellbeing. Consequences appear in our relationships with the persons we are closest with. We may not be aware of the constant emotional and psychological depletion that’s taking its toll.
Some signs that you may see in yourself:
- I’m not good enough.
- I’m angry all of the time.
- I can’t achieve my health goals.
- I can’t change my beliefs about money.
- I’m not lovable.
- I’m not perfect.
- I don’t deserve to be happy.
- I don’t deserve to be loved until I…
- I can’ stop grieving.
- I can’ stop grieving.
- I feel empty.
- I feel numb.
- I can’t stop feeling overwhelmed.
- I’ve been hurt and can’t trust again.
- I worry too much.
- I’m lonely.
- I’m always stressed-out.
- I can’t stop feeling tired and exhausted.
You’re smart to be looking for the right personal therapist or couples therapist that you hope will be able to help you get started healing and helping you create a satisfying personal life or a happier relationship. You want a therapist who is competent, compassionate, understanding, worthy of your trust, and a good fit for you.